[oe] [OE-core] [RFT] binutils 2.27

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 07:24:13 UTC 2016

> On Aug 7, 2016, at 11:28 PM, Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 2016-08-07 at 01:39 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
>> I have put together upgrade for binutils 2.27 here ( kraj/master
>> branch )
>>
>> https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/commit/b98f5761d2285ffd773e
>> c6ecb901b799302ebd6b
>>
>> I have started bunch of test builds. but I would appreciate any help
>> in testing it out in your
>> environments and report any issues you see.
>
> I ran this through the autobuilder:
>
> bitbake world shows issues in libunwind (from gold?):

yes, however, use of gold for libunwind in OE was an escape route
where we were relying upon gold’s inability to detect this issue while BFD linker
was detecting it earlier. Now in 2.27 gold has caught up as well.

see
https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;h=6eeb0170bbb43ffb73e8f01b8b481adde8194c21

so now we have to get to nub of this issue to resolve it.