[oe] [OE-core] [RFT] binutils 2.27

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Aug 8 15:59:51 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-08-08 at 08:21 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> They are different issues. for OE ppc also shows same errors with lib
> unwind.

FWIW, I think the connmand segfault on mips and powerpc is hinted at
with this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lua5.3/+bug/1570055

connmand is a binary linked with a linker version-script. If I build
connmand without that option, it doesn't segfault, at least on mips.

The binutils manuals say you shouldn't build binaries with version
scripts:

http://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/Manuals/ld-2.9.1/html_node/ld_25.html

Its suspected connman might do this to limit the function exposure to
its plugins.

Now sure exactly what needs to happen here without more research but it
certainly hits at where the problem is. I suspect its the same issue on
ppc.

Cheers,

Richard