[oe] [OE-core] [RFT] gcc 6.2 RC1 update

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Aug 19 10:14:04 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-08-16 at 11:55 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have put together recipe upgrade for upcoming gcc 6.2 release now
> that it entered RC phase. With gcc 6.2 the recipes are using tarballs
> instead of git fetcher as promised :)
> Please help testing it out in your setups and report any issues you
> see.
>
> The commit you need to cherry-pick for OE-core is this one
>
> https://github.com/kraj/openembedded-core/commit/0319b603761a16e65d70
> 4336112c3709a8bf771c
>
> Thank you for your help

I put this through the autobuilder and it passed so I've merged it. I
did this quickly as we're putting a "pre M3" build through a QA cycle
and I wanted to get some of the more invasive changes into that build
so we don't have a stampeding herd of patches breaking everything
coming up to the final feature freeze for 2.2.

In other news, we are now also testing musl world builds on the
autobuilder as part of regular testing.

Cheers,

Richard