[oe] [OE-core] Language settings GTK (glibc?) problem

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:02:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-02-03 at 12:49 +0100, Andreas Müller wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> while testing libreoffice language packets I found that language
>> settings for GTK based apps are broken. Interestingly QT based
>> applications (tested with qtcreator and lxqt) and libreoffice are
>> working fine.
>>
>> I did some research and hope for some expert with helping hints.
>> Details are:
>>
>> * I am testing with jethro environment
>
> I did wonder about http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id
> =3b5288f0a28205289063424afc474675cbaa05b8
>
> or possibly:
>
> https://github.com/rehsack/poky/commit/46ac36953e2e76ba716c7ba42ddfe41c9a19a11d
After seeing that Jens just sent this ^^ for Jethro, I think I have
read this email the wrong way around: This commit does not break
things it fixes them.

Background: I saw the mentioned error

_nl_intern_locale_data: Assertion `cnt < (sizeof
(_nl_value_type_LC_COLLATE) / sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_COLLATE[0]))'
failed.

when running my images but wiped them away by [1] without fixing the root cause.

My excuse: This error was thrown in lxdm greeter. I thought it was a
problem with lxdm which I 'fixed' by adding the patch.

Will give the backport a test and hope I'll get i18n back for GTK (and
most likely others).

Andreas