[oe] [meta-python] Python Flask recipes

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 03:46:48 UTC 2016

> On Feb 18, 2016, at 10:33 AM, Fabio Berton <fabio.berton at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>
> Hi all!
>
> I noticed that a few days ago were added some python-flask recipes.
>
> I've been maintaining a layer with python-flask recipes, hosted here
> http://code.ossystems.com.br/gitweb?p=meta-python-flask.git;a=summary
>
> There are recipes in meta-python-flask that were added to meta-python
> and I want to simplify maintenance and avoid duplicate recipes.
>
> So, do I send recipes from meta-python-flask to meta-python or we move all
> python-flask recipes from meta-python to meta-python-flask, using a layer
> only for Flask web framework?

Here is a hierarchy one can envision

1. Core python runtime support - Oe-core
2. python extended modules and infrastructure - meta-python

now if you think this framework is quite commonly used and is kind of core
to python world, its fine to have it in meta-python, if you think its
too specific then move the common packages to meta-python
and maintain it as a separate layer