[oe] nodejs: newer npm?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Jul 13 08:11:05 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-13 09:39, Gary Thomas wrote:
> The current (at least 4.4.4) nodejs recipe also creates nodejs-npm
> which is npm version 2.15.1.  I'm trying to run angularjs that needs
> npm >= 3.3.x.  I've not yet tried the update to 4.4.5, so if this
> fixes the issue just let me know.
>
> What needs to be done to get a newer npm?
>
> BTW, the current one segfaults when trying to install the
> attached package file.

I have now tried nodejs-4.4.5 which has npm-2.15.5  It no longer
segfaults on the install step, but it doesn't really work :-(
Any access just returns 'Cannot GET /'

Anyone have suggestions on how I might debug this?  It's a known
working (simple) application I got from https://angular.io/docs/ts/latest/quickstart.html