[oe] Qt5 meta and HostBinaries path

Svein Seldal sveinse at seldal.com
Sun Jul 17 12:25:52 UTC 2016

Hi

I am porting a large Qt5 application to Yocto and are using the meta-qt5
layer. I have discovered that the qmake conf file, qt.conf, sets most
Host* fields to the absolute host/sysroot path as expected. However,
HostBinaries is not; It is set to /usr/bin/qt5, which cause our Qt5 app
to fail compiling.

My first reaction is that this is clearly a bug, but after sifting
through the codebase and googling about it, I am not so sure. I see that
oe adds a new ExternalHostBinaries setting, and that this contains what
HostBinaries would.

Can someone please explain if this is intentional and why its done like
this?

Best regards,
Svein Seldal