[oe] Busybox drop systemd support

Aníbal Limón anibal.limon at linux.intel.com
Wed Jul 27 17:17:33 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I was working debugging an issue for missing /var/log/messages in
systemd/busybox images [1] and then i found that busybox drop support
for systemd from 1.25 version [2].

This ends in a set of questions of what we need to do in systemd/busybox
images since the next version of busybox will not support systemd,

I have a couple of ideas,

- Remove the support of busybox in systemd images?, this is the hard
one, we need an sw alternative here may be toybox...
- Maintain the systemd support in busybox?, the patch [2] is small atm
but in the future may be this will cause problems for maintain it.

Best regards,
	alimon

[1]
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=alimon/debug_times2&id=aa143dbe3cb233ee50944ebb62c541c823179a04