[oe] Reg: Yocto build error( gcc_4.8)

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Jun 7 14:28:33 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-07 16:03, Praveenreddy Padamati wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are compiling the yocto build system with "bitbake core-image-sato" command. We are facing one problem. It is not compiling, it is showing "gcc_4.8.bb, > do_compile failed with exit code".
> Please do the needful.

You'll need to provide a LOT more info to be able to get help.
What version of Yocto (OE-core, Poky, etc), along with any
extra layers you are using.  Also GCC/4.8 has been gone for
quite some time so you must be using a very old branch/release.
We'll also need to know your build host, $DISTRO, $MACHINE, etc.
These are all printed when you run bitbake.

A detailed log (send it to postbin if it's very big) will also
help you get the aid you need.