[oe] opkg v0.3.2 bug

Alejandro del Castillo alejandro.delcastillo at ni.com
Thu Jun 30 20:05:28 UTC 2016

I am cc'ing opkg-devel at googlegroups.org

> I have this package A for which package B has a dependency?
>
> I was using v0.2.3 before and 'opkg remove A' did not remove it.
>
> With v0.3.2 the same errors:
> Removing package A from root...
> Collected errors:
>  * print_dependents_warning: Package A is depended upon by packages:
>  * print_dependents_warning:         B
>  * print_dependents_warning: These might cease to work if package A is removed.
>  * print_dependents_warning: Force removal of this package with --force-depends.
>  * print_dependents_warning: Force removal of this package and its dependents
>  * print_dependents_warning: with --force-removal-of-dependent-packages.
>
> But package A is removed nevertheless....
> This sounds as a severe error!
> Or is it me doing something wrong??

This is a regression from 0.3.1, caused by the re-architecture that changed the
internal solver to have it solve first, install/upgrade/remove later (instead of
installing/removing/upgrading as it solved). As is common with these errors, the
fix is a one line change on opkg_solver_remove (*sigh*).

Can you please file a bug report on https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org ?
I am thinking this is serious enough to warrant a bug fix release of opkg
(0.3.3), which I will post next week.

BTW, this is an internal solver only error, the libsolv backend works fine.

Thanks for reporting the regression

Alejandro