[oe] Specify GCC version for building native applications

Matt Schuckmann Matt.Schuckmann at planar.com
Tue Mar 22 23:06:59 UTC 2016

My Ubuntu system has GCC 5.x installed but our Fido based OE build has errors unless I use GCC 4.9 for building native recipes.

I can install both gcc 4.9 and gcc 5.0 on my system and use update-alternatives to switch back and forth when I need to but it would be nice if I could just configure bitbake/OE to use gcc 4.9 directly.

So is there a way to tell bitbake/OE what version of GCC on the host to use to build native applications?

Thanks,

Matt S.