[oe] openbox themes

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Wed Mar 30 11:48:34 UTC 2016

hi,

i am not sure if this is something new or not.. and I believe it used
to work for me in the past (but I am not 100% sure..).

If I only add openbox in my image, it would fail to start with
something like this:

dragonboard-410c:/home/linaro# openbox &
ObRender-Message: Unable to load the theme 'Clearlooks'
ObRender-Message: Falling back to the default theme 'Clearlooks'
ObRender-Message: Unable to load the theme 'Clearlooks'
Openbox-Message: Unable to load a theme.

After I add openbox-theme-clearlooks in my image, openbox would start normally.

As I said, I am fairly sure I had tried that before, and I don't
remember adding a theme myself but it might have come as a dependency
of some sort..

Anyways, can someone confirm if openbox is expected to fail when no
theme is installed? If so, should we gracefully handle this in openbox
recipe and add a default theme as RDEPENDS?

thank!

nico