[oe] augeas: oe-core removal warning

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Fri May 13 07:15:24 UTC 2016

Morning,

I'm considering removing the augeas recipe from oe-core: it has not
really been depended on by anything since Danny (rpm has a non-default
PACKAGECONFIG but even that is accompanied by comments about no
testing) and we have nothing testing its functionality. Please speak
up now if you think augeas should stay in oe-core.

There is one reverse dependency in meta-oe/meta-networking (netcf) so
I'll propose adding augeas there before the removal happens (other
suggestions are welcome).

Thanks,
  Jussi