[oe] meta-qt5 broken installation of libraries in qtbase jethro for qtfreetype and qtpcre

Visser Sander (2) (Consultant) sander.visser.2 at consultant.volvo.com
Fri May 27 10:19:45 UTC 2016

Hi

In the commit below the installation changed from libqt to libQt, and since then the below libs no longer installed.

libqtfreetype
libqtpcre

https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/commit/ea37a0bc987aa9484937ad68f762b4657c198617

This results in problems when other qt modules are built:
linking ../../../../plugins/*/lib*.so
| */tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.gold: error: cannot find -lqtfreetype

Should I submit a patch where both libqt* and libQt* get installed, or should these two libs also be called libQt5FreeType and libQt5PCRE?

As a workaround I have added a do_install_prepend() to my qtbase_%.bbappend

/Regards Sander