[oe] [OE-core] OE Changelog since 2016-05-15 until 2016-05-22

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Mon May 30 08:04:28 UTC 2016

On Fri, 27 May 2016 08:25:23 +1200
Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 May 2016 22:18:34 Andreas Müller wrote:
> >
> > Maybe a bit off-topic but layer index should have some mechanism of
> > removing rotten layers.
>
> We've discussed this on-and-off at OE developer meetings for a while
> now. FWIW I can remove them manually - actually I just got around to
> deleting meta- picosam9 which has been unmaintained for years.
>
> Part of the problem though is determining what "rotten" actually
> means. Additionally, there's an element of leaving things around in
> case someone comes to fork/revive them again. We do show a "last
> updated" date but it would be good to figure out some other way of
> determining and indicating "layer health" - to date I don't think
> we've managed to figure out anything practical for that.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

meta-mmmpi can go, I haven't updated it in over 2 years, SRC_URI links
are out-of-date and it almost certainly won't compile against recent
releases.

Perhaps "last updated" could be used to nudge layer maintainers when a
layer looks stale. An automated email could tell them to check in to
confirm that the layer is still valid or let you know that it can be
removed.

Thanks,
Paul Barker