[oe] [meta-browser] Chromium crash start the test www.html5test.com

Flavio Suligoi f.suligoi at asem.it
Fri Nov 11 11:18:00 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm using Yocto 2.1 Krogoth, with an i.MX6DL (DualLite) board and the meta-browser layer.
The chromium version is the classic" 48.0.2548.0.

To call the executable I use the switches:

  *   --use-gl=egl
  *   --gpu-no-context-lost
  *   --ignore-gpu-blacklist
  *   --user-data-dir=/home/root/.chromium/

I use chromium in kiosk mode, with the web address directly written on the command line.

This because chromium, when more than one tab is opened, always crashes.

Anyway, when I try to test the HTML5 compatibility using the website "www.html5test.com<http://www.html5test.com>" , chromium crashes immediately, after downloading the html5 code, even before starting the test.

Do you have any solution/patch to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Flavio

P.S.: html5test is a very used and common html5 test and I have to use it to check the html5 compatibility of my board.