[oe] [meta-browser] Chromium Doesn't build for 32bit targets.

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 13:43:04 UTC 2016

I have been able to build and run chromium-52.0.2743.76 for qemux86!

I'll be pushing a patch for this issue soon, but I want to do a little more
investigation beforehand:

1) I discovered, a while back, that chromium won't run on the Minnow (x86-64)
unless I also use glibc-2.23. Therefore for my tests on this issue I switched
down to 2.23. So I want to switch back to glibc-2.24 to see how that works on
qemux86.

2) I want to make sure that my patch doesn't affect x86-64 (i.e. what's
currently working). Otherwise I'll just have to make the patch conditional on
arch.

3) I want to investigate bumping the chromium version to something newer to
see if that might fix the issue too (otherwise, I will investigate bumping,
but not as an activity related to this issue).