[oe] [meta-browser] i.MX6DL + mainline + yocto: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED

Maciej Pijanowski maciej.pijanowski at 3mdeb.com
Fri Oct 28 06:59:09 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to run chromium on Hummingboard i2 using custom BSP layer. I'm
mostly based on meta-etnaviv (libdrm, mesa_etnaviv) for GPU support and
meta-browser for chromium recipe. I'm using mainline 4.7.10 kernel atm.

I have hw accelerated video decoding with gstreamer and coda. Mesa demos
(glxgears) as
well as qt examples (meta-qt5) run smoothly on X11, without engaging CPU
too much.

part of glxinfo output: (full at: http://pastebin.com/qS7zEZxA)

OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on /dev/dri/card1-Vivante GC880 rev 5106
OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 12.0.0-rc3 (git-e1ac825bd067)
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 2.0 Mesa 12.0.0-rc3
(git-e1ac825bd067)

I've tried compiling chromium 48.0.2548.0 and 52.0.2743.76 and they both
fail to run GPU process.
Logs presented below.
chrome://gpu photos in attachments

chromium 48: http://pastebin.com/1qhvvLKh
chromium 52: http://pastebin.com/dMK3PgH7

Do you have any idea what may be the cause of this fail? Are there any
chromium-specific actions that need to be done in order to properly
initialize GPU ? Or maybe you have some experience with chromium on
i.MX6 (not legacy kernel) ?