[oe] fftw recipes

Jack Mitchell ml at embed.me.uk
Tue Sep 6 09:49:47 UTC 2016

On 06/09/16 08:02, Andreas Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a technical reason why we have multiple fftw recipes (fftw /
> fftwl / fftwf)?
>
> or
>
> before I start: Any complaints/comments if I
>
> * merge all fftw's into one recipe named fftw splitting in multiple
> packages (fftw / fftwl / fftwf / fftwq?)
> * replace virtual/fftw by fftw
> * make oe-core's alsa-utils fftw PACKAGFCONFIG[fftw] depending in fftw
>
> Feedback welcome
>
> Andreas

I was looking at doing this myself. The library now has options to
generate all three libs from a single source. However, the only way I
could think to work with the header files was to have a fftw-headers
which fftw/l/f all depended on so we don't get conflicting files in
packaging.

Thanks for the heads up and I have no complaints as it saves me a job :)

Cheers,
Jack.