[oe] Full Python3 Installation

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Apr 12 18:53:58 UTC 2017

Hi Fabjan,

FYI python3-modules is a package provided by the main python3 recipe (actually
more of a meta-package that depends on all of the module packages).

Regarding the layer index, we don't actually index packages or anything on the
runtime side, since you would have to actually run a build to get full
information there, and it can easily change depending on configuration. It's
possible we may add that in future but we'd have to ensure everyone understood
those limitations that mean that the information might not directly match what
they see when they do a build locally.

Cheers,
Paul

On Thursday, 13 April 2017 6:07:29 AM NZST Fabjan Sukalia wrote:
> Thanks, I will try this out. How does it come that this recipe isn't listed
> on https://layers.openembedded.org/ and that there seems to be no matching
> receipe file?
>
> Best regards,
> Fabjan Sukalia

> alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com>:
> > On 04/12/2017 08:19 PM, Fabjan Sukalia wrote:
> >> How do I get a "full" python installation that is comparable with desktop
> >> systems? Thanks in advance.
> >
> > I think you need python3-modules (however try to avoid writing recipes
> > that rdepend on that, and list things that are specifically needed).
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > --

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre