[oe] [meta-qt5] Qt 5.8 examples are not built

Tim Jaacks tim.jaacks at garz-fricke.com
Tue Apr 25 09:23:00 UTC 2017

Hello Hekki,

thanks for your reply. I cannot use sub-packages as a parameter to bitbake, it accepts recipe names only. Is this a new feature? I am on Yocto Jethro.

However, adding the qtbase-examples package to IMAGE_INSTALL does not make any difference. Maybe this works for other Qt packages (which use the qmake5_base_do_configure function just like before), but it doesn't work for qtbase, because the qtbase-examples packages is empty. As I said, the examples are not compiled at all, so they cannot be installed either.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
i.A. Tim Jaacks

Software Engineering
Garz & Fricke GmbH
Tempowerkring 2, 21079 Hamburg - Germany
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 60514
Geschäftsführer: Manfred Garz, Matthias Fricke
Phone: +49 40 791899 - 55
Fax:     +49 40 791899 - 39
tim.jaacks at garz-fricke.com
www.garz-fricke.com