[oe] Some experimental layers and conclusions

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 13:06:09 UTC 2017

Hi Daniel,

Very interesting report, thanks for the info!

On Thu 2017-04-27 @ 02:46:24 AM, cshored at cshore.thecshore.com wrote:
> * OE doesn't have good *router* networking support (i.e. nothing like
> OpenWrt/LEDE's netifd and friends for a headless system, that one can
> configure by editing a text file, or by using a WebUI for handling multiple
> interfaces and VLANs and bridged (or not) wireless and wired networks, with
> easy firewall configuration).

I wonder Khem's if meta-openwrt could have helped here? It looks like it has a
recipe for netifd and friends:

	https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-openwrt/

Out of curiosity, did you try using musl? You don't mention which C library
you're using. I'd be curious to know if musl can help with size reduction.

Is toybox mature enough to be used in these situations?

	http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/28902/

Best regards,
	Trevor