[oe] chromium detected as stripped

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Tue Aug 15 14:18:11 UTC 2017

Hello Raphael,

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Raphael Kubo da Costa
<raphael.kubo.da.costa at intel.com> wrote:

>> Indeed it does sound like the proper workaround for now. That said,
>> I'd love to receive more help from meta-crosswalk people and avoid
>> duplication of work in packaging Chromium so I am adding Raphael on Cc
>> here so he can comment about how we can try to work together on this.
>
> The main reason why we haven't worked together yet is procrastination
> from my side :-)
>
> My recipe's working fine and is up-to-date with Chromium's stable
> releases, but I'd love to find a more permanent home for it and stop
> duplicating the efforts, especially as I spend most of my time working
> on Chromium itself, not its Yocto recipe or even Yocto in general.
>
> The main reason why I opted to start my recipe from scratch at the time
> was simplicity: the meta-browser repository used the same recipe for
> Chromium, CEF and Chromium with Ozone-Wayland, offered many different
> options and shipped quite a few patches that made updates quite
> difficult. My recipe is a lot less customizable, but OTOH that makes it
> quite easy to move to new Chromium milestones. If we're able to find a
> balance there, I definitely think we'd be able to get a lot more done
> together.

The newer releases do not require the Ozone patches, AFAIK, and in the
worse case, we can keep a version for CEF use if they don't match.

I think Carlos, Khem and Trevor would also be happy to help to test
and reviewing those patches. So please take a look and see if we can
avoid this duplication as it'd benefit a broader set of users.