[oe] [meta-oe] smstools3

Bill Randle bill.randle at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 04:26:58 UTC 2017

When smstools3 was added to meta-oe/recipes-connectivity in 2015, a
patch was included to the init script to change to 'ps' options used
to find the pid during stop. The original (as distributed by the
author) has PSOPT="-e" and the patch changes it to PSOPT="". The way
it is used is:
    if  "ps $PSOPT | grep smsd | grep -v grep >/dev/null; then
       do stuff
    fi

I'm considering submitting a patch to update the recipe from version
3.15 to 3.21, but before I do, I like to know why PSOPT was changed.
On my busybox test system, a "ps | grep smsd" returns nothing. I need
to use the "-e" option. So, I would like to drop this patch. Comments?