[oe] Splitting meta-oe?

akuster808 akuster808 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:55:25 UTC 2017

On 02/17/2017 09:07 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> The recent storm of breakage in meta-oe caused by recipe specific sysroots
> was quite dramatic:
>
> ross at flashheart ~/Yocto/meta-oe ((044e518...))
> $ git grep PNBLACKLIST| wc -l
> 320

If I recall correctly we gave Martin the thumbs up to use "blacklisting"
to  get to a point where master builds cleanly and not expect the
meta-openbedded layer maintainer's to do that work. The hope was if a
person needed a blacklisted recipe, they would jump in a correct the
issue. I think that has worked to some success.
> Is it time to talk about splitting meta-oe into smaller real repositories
> so they can be maintained at their own pace by more maintainers?
If I am not mistaken, each sub meta layer has its own maintainer, if
someone want to be a package maintainer, go for it.  I would prefer that
"We" the community help the maintainers.

- armin