[oe] URL of devmem2

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 12:48:05 UTC 2017

I've moved requested backports to morty bundle in patchwork (and added
armin to improve the chance he will notice them and include them in next
pull request).

I have restored the old version of devmem2.c on sources.openembedded.org
(there was still copy of it under the name
devmem2.c_bad-checksum_be12c0132a1ae118cbf5e79d98427c1d)

The sources.openembedded.org is updated automatically from my "bitbake
world" builds, the only reason why this "old/new" devmem2.c appeared again
recently is that sources.openembedded.org syncing was broken for some time
as explained in:
http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2017-May/112917.html

So the first change changed the devmem2.c content, was built in my "bitbake
world" builds and updated on the sources.openembedded.org, but in wrong
directory so nobody noticed the issue, then Denys sent the fix and
devmem2-new.c was added to the same folder, but the old filename was
already updated. Now when I've fixed rsyncing both versions of this file
became the same and older releases got broken.

> What is the recommendation for developers who need to stay on older
branches such as Jethro for development cycle reasons?

I would recommend to maintain local source mirror as PREMIRROR, so that
most of the network traffic is contained within the company and the builds
continue to build correctly independently on outside world.

>   Is it as easy as
contacting the maintainer of the open embedded source mirror to check if
devmem2.c has been modified lately?

It was modified long time ago, when the first change was tested on my
"bitbake world" and merged to master (before the 2nd change was tested and
merged as well). But it wasn't visible to other people because the rsyncing
issue which got fixed only recently.