[oe] Submitted layers: build errors not seen on manual bitbake

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Sat Mar 18 01:57:17 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-18 02:32, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 02:20:36 +0100
> Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-03-18 00:58, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm seeing build errors for layers I've submitted that I don't see
>>> with a manual bitbake.  What do I need to do solves the following:
>>>
>>> raceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/opt/workdir/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py", line 274, in
>>> parseBaseConfiguration bb.event.fire(bb.event.ConfigParsed(),
>>> self.data) File "/opt/workdir/bitbake/lib/bb/event.py", line 211,
>>> in fire fire_class_handlers(event, d)
>>>   File "/opt/workdir/bitbake/lib/bb/event.py", line 134, in
>>> fire_class_handlers execute_handler(name, handler, event, d)
>>>   File "/opt/workdir/bitbake/lib/bb/event.py", line 106, in
>>> execute_handler ret = handler(event)
>>>   File
>>> "/opt/workdir/git___git_openembedded_org_openembedded-core/meta/classes/base.bbclass",
>>> line 242, in base_eventhandler
>>> setup_hosttools_dir(d.expand('${TMPDIR}/hosttools'), 'HOSTTOOLS',
>>> d) File
>>> "/opt/workdir/git___git_openembedded_org_openembedded-core/meta/classes/base.bbclass",
>>> line 139, in setup_hosttools_dir bb.fatal("The following required
>>> tools (as specified by HOSTTOOLS) appear to be unavailable in PATH,
>>> please install them in order to proceed:\n  %s" % "
>>> ".join(notfound)) File "/opt/workdir/bitbake/lib/bb/__init__.py",
>>> line 104, in fatal raise BBHandledException() bb.BBHandledException
>>>
>>> During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "update_layer.py", line 716, in <module>
>>>     main()
>>>   File "update_layer.py", line 216, in main
>>>     (tinfoil, tempdir) = recipeparse.init_parser(settings, branch,
>>> bitbakepath, nocheckout=options.nocheckout, logger=logger) File
>>> "/opt/layerindex/layerindex/recipeparse.py", line 75, in
>>> init_parser tinfoil = utils.setup_tinfoil(bitbakepath,
>>> enable_tracking) File "/opt/layerindex/layerindex/utils.py", line
>>> 144, in setup_tinfoil tinfoil.prepare(config_only = True) File
>>> "/opt/workdir/bitbake/lib/bb/tinfoil.py", line 210, in prepare
>>> extrafeatures) File "/opt/workdir/bitbake/lib/bb/main.py", line
>>> 517, in setup_bitbake server = start_server(servermodule,
>>> configParams, configuration, featureset) File
>>> "/opt/workdir/bitbake/lib/bb/main.py", line 357, in start_server
>>> cooker = bb.cooker.BBCooker(configuration, features) File
>>> "/opt/workdir/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 195, in __init__
>>> self.initConfigurationData() File
>>> "/opt/workdir/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 358, in
>>> initConfigurationData self.databuilder.parseBaseConfiguration()
>>> File "/opt/workdir/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py", line 299, in
>>> parseBaseConfiguration raise bb.BBHandledException
>>> bb.BBHandledException ERROR: The following required tools (as
>>> specified by HOSTTOOLS) appear to be unavailable in PATH, please
>>> install them in order to proceed: cpio chrpath gawk diffstat
>>> makeinfo
>>
>> This one is pretty obvious - the OE-core metadata now checks for
>> a set of required tools (beyond the initial sanity check).  Your
>> machine (or background user that you are using for building these
>> layers) doesn't have access to them.  You'll need to install that
>> set of tools, namely:
>>    cpio chrpath gawk diffstat makeinfo
>>

> This is on the autobuild hosted by at openembedded.org not something I
> have control over.  I was kind of hoping you would have a different
> answer (though didn't expect so), for some reason.

Understood (although it wasn't obvious that this was autobuild related)
I don't have any access/control over that either, but hopefully someone
who does will get this fixed for you.