[oe] cacao-native 1.6.1 failing because compiler not produced?

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Tue May 2 12:40:10 UTC 2017

So my apologies for these messages I guess, but yeah.

After linking a java executable Cacao-1.6.1 would build.

After specifying GCCVERSION ?= "5.4.0" openjdk-7 would build.

My little NAS device for which it was meant is too old though for the
versions used. I have a toolchain for it but I wouldn't know how to
inject it into OE yet.

Without chroot it segfaults and with chroot it says kernel too old.

I used "classpath-minimal" but apparently it also built AWT components.

I tried to select cacao as RPROVIDER for java2-runtime but it still
compiled the zero hotspot. Then it needed a newer stdc++ and then it
needed a newer libc, and then it segfaulted.

Cacao was also compiled but obviously not as libjvm.so

Thus, eventual success for compilation, but I will have to use my own
toolchain if I want this to work.

I guess it is not required to use OE if I do not use IcedTea as you can
apparently cross compile openjdk without OE
(http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/zero-dev/2014-December/000538.html).

I will check with openjdk.java.net for further inquiries.

Thank you.