[oe] [meta-browser] CFT: Chromium 62 in meta-browser

Raphael Kubo da Costa raphael.kubo.da.costa at intel.com
Wed Nov 15 17:08:49 UTC 2017

Thanks for testing!

Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for very good changes.
>
> Yesterday I've tried to build this on "bitbake world" servers and the build
> for qemuarm64 failed with:
[...]
> longer log in http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/158898/
[...]
> I know what linking needs *a lot* of memory, but this server has 219GB
> available and "only" 128GB from it can be taken by tmpfs, so there should
> be still plenty RAM for successful linkage.

It had been a while since I'd last done an aarch64 build. I launched one
here and linking failed with relocation errors. I've pushed 4e5abf8
("chromium: Apply -g -> -g1 workaround for aarch64 as well"), which is
the same workaround I've been applying for other architectures, and
everything went fine.

> Build for x86_64 (on similar server) was successful.
>
> Build for x86 + musl failed even before start, because there is missing
> space in the append:
> recipes-browser/chromium/chromium_62.0.3202.89.bb:DEPENDS_append_x86 =
> "yasm-native"
> recipes-browser/chromium/chromium_62.0.3202.89.bb:DEPENDS_append_x86-64 =
> "yasm-native"
>
> and unlike x86_64 it doesn't have trailing space in previous DEPENDS,
> because of:
> recipes-browser/chromium/chromium_62.0.3202.89.bb:DEPENDS_append_libc-musl
> = " libexecinfo"
>
> Causing:
> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libexecinfoyasm-native' (but
> /home/jenkins/oe/world/shr-core/meta-browser/recipes-browser/chromium/
> chromium_62.0.3202.89.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it). Close
> matches:
>   libxinerama-native
>   texinfo-native
>   libyaml-native

Thanks for fixing the yasm bit.

As for musl: like I said in my original email and on GitHub, the musl
build is currently broken. Carrying tons of patches in the recipe is an
uphill battle, so unless someone takes the time to work with upstream I
don't think it makes much sense to try to keep the build working.