[oe] [yocto] Contribute meta-installer to yocto

Hongxu Jia hongxu.jia at windriver.com
Wed Nov 22 02:10:22 UTC 2017

On 2017年11月22日 04:10, akuster808 wrote:

> Hello,
>

>> The repository of meta-installer is temporary on the github
>> for review:
>> https://github.com/jiahongxujia/meta-installer
>>
>> In above github, the logo picture is undefined, if yocto
>> could accept this layer, I will update the picture with
>> "Yocto project Compatible".
>>
>> The attachments are the snapshots of a package based
>> installation.
>>
>> Hopefully it is helpful for yocto, and any feedback is
>> appreciated.
>
> I believe it can go beyond helping Yocto and help the overall OE
> community.
>
> CC'ing oe mailings lists
>

>> If yocto is interested in this layer and will accept it,
>> I could send pull request or some one directly fetch
>> from above github master branch.
> If Yocto isn't I am sure OE will be.

Hi Armin,

I am very glad to submit this layer to OE, previously I have
added/submitted 40+ recipes to OE for the preparation of
meta-instaler public (just in case public failed and still most
of them are available in OE)

http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/log/?qt=grep&q=hongxu

If OE could accept meta-installer, it is very convenience to maintain
all of them in one place. (My 2018 1st half year TODO plan is to
upgrade anaconda and its required recipes to sync with Fedora 27)

Hi Martin, Khem, Armin and the OE maintainers concerned

If it is OK, I will send pull request to OE for review, and
my opinion is to suggest to create meta-installer sub layer in OE.

Do you have suggestions or ideas?

//Hongxu