[oe] [meta-openembedded] Samba update-rc.d does fails

Gabriel Pickl gabriel.pickl at posteo.net
Thu Nov 30 16:34:07 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I’ve run into a problem using the samba recipe in meta-networking.
The recipe installs fine, but it is not set to autostart when I boot the system on my machine.

The reason: the `updatercd_postinst` call to update-rc.d fails with:

```
update-rc.d: <builddir>/tmp/work/raspberrypi-poky-linux-gnueabi/rpi-netbios-image/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/init.d/samba.sh: file does not exist
```

I’ve dug a bit into the script and it seems like the samba.sh script really does not exist at the time `updatercd_postinst` is run, but does exist in the same directory after the build has completed.

This means for some reason the file gets copied to the rootfs too late, but I can’t figure out why. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be?

System data:
branch: morty
commit: b40116cf457b88a2db14b86fda9627fb34d56ae6
machine: raspberrypi
init system: sysv

Greetings,

Gabriel

PS: I apologize if this mail arrives more than once, I had some trouble subscribing to the mailing list first.