[oe] [meta-browser] Modern Chromium with GN

Jacobo Aragunde Pérez jaragunde at igalia.com
Mon Oct 2 15:35:18 UTC 2017

Hi Trevor,

I think you spent some time trying to get a more recent version of
Chromium for meta-browser but it's been difficult. I have booked some
time during the Web Engines Hackfest [1], happening now, to try to do this.

I recently learned about the usage of custom toolchains with GN, whis
are the proper way to configure Yocto's toolchain on the recipe, instead
of using the `cros_*` flags like we had done in the meta-browser fork I
previously pointed you to. That's the approach I will follow.

I will send patches as soon as I have something!

[1] https://webengineshackfest.org/
[2] https://github.com/Igalia/meta-browser

Best,
--