[oe] [meta-browser] Modern Chromium with GN

Raphael Kubo da Costa raphael.kubo.da.costa at intel.com
Mon Oct 16 14:37:46 UTC 2017

+oe-devel again

Jacobo Aragunde Pérez <jaragunde at igalia.com> writes:
> On 05/10/17 17:26, Jacobo Aragunde Pérez wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I have several potential patches for Rafael's layer after having tried
>> several builds for different hardware. I'm sending individual mails to
>> discuss each of them.
>>

> The second patch is a fix that I needed with a GCC 5.4.0 toolchain. The
> fix looks harmless enough so I sent it upstream (to the webrtc project),
> but I don't know if it will be merged.
>
> I have another couple patches to fix problems that only happen when
> compiling with linaro-5.3, one of them is a backport for the compiler
> itself. I don't think they belong in this layer so I'm finally not
> sending them. Anyway, ask me if you are interested!
>
> All in all, I have created images with Rafael's layer for Raspberry Pi 3
> and R-Car gen 3 with different toolchains: GCC 5.4.0 and 6.3.0 for the
> former, and linaro-5.3 for the latter. Let me know if you want me to do
> any other tests.

Hey Jacobo,

Thanks for all the testing so far!

Can you check if the attached patch also solves the WebRTC build issue
for you? I've tried it here with Yocto's morty branch and GCC 5.4.0.

If so, I'll send it upstream, as the original approach
(https://webrtc-review.googlesource.com/c/src/+/8641) was not accepted
by the WebRTC maintainers.