[oe] [infra] git domain name updates

Michael Halstead mhalstead at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Sep 28 04:49:24 UTC 2017

On 09/25/2017 05:38 PM, Tom King wrote:
> I would like to do this with the OE Git as well as I see several large > spikes everyday where the server gets very busy and this would help:
> > git.openembedded.org for read-only access > > new
push.openembedded.org and ra.openembedded.org for those with Write >
Access. >
I agree, the same improvements are in order for OE as well. The new
domains are available now.

Please update any ssh remotes to point at either push.openembedded.org
or ra.openembedded.org. Make sure any git:// or http:// remotes are
pointing at git.openembedded.org.

For example,

git remote set-url origin
ssh://git@push.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib

Then we will be ready to accelerate OE's read-only git access when the
OE tech committee approves.

---------- > From: Michael Halstead <mhalstead at linuxfoundation.org> >
Date: Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 5:17 PM > Subject: [yocto] [infra] git domain
name updates > To: yocto-infrastructure at yoctoproject.org,
yocto at yoctoproject.org > >
> Hello,
>
> As Yocto Project continues to grow load on our git server does as
> well. We are going to make a few changes to our git infrastructure to
> allow for more growth.
>
> All read-only git operations should point at git.yoctoproject.org. For
> example poky can be cloned from the following URLs:
>
> git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky
> https://git.yoctoproject.org/git/poky
>
> If you have repositories pointed at www.yoctoproject.org,
> git.pokylinux.org, or any other domain name please update their remotes
> to git.yoctoproject.org.
>
> Read-write operations via ssh will use a new domain specifically for
> that purpose. I've added push.yoctoproject.org and ra.yoctoproject.org
> (like ra.kernel.org).
>
> Read-write URLs should be updated to the new domain names. I've
> changed mine like so:
>

> git remote set-url origin ssh://git@push.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib
>

> This is all ready to go right now. Please update your remotes.
>
> We will have to make these changes required before we can start to get
> performance benefits from them. I suggest November 1st 2017 but I need
> more feedback before we can set a cut off date.
>
> Thank you,

Michael Halstead
Linux Foundation / SysAdmin