[oe] [meta-xvisor] Working on layer to build Xvisor and guests

Daniel F. Dickinson cshored at thecshore.com
Mon Apr 23 03:52:43 UTC 2018

Hi all,

FYI I am currently working on a layer, meta-xvisor, for building Xvisor
(https://xhypervisor.com); repo is at
git://github.com/cshoredaniel/meta-xvisor.git), and have a few questions:

Xvisor is basically an alternate kernel (it's a standalone Type-1
hypervisor), but configuration and building along the lines of u-boot /
busybox seems to be working, but I need help to properly deal with
different architectures and machines as the arch/machine organization
isn't exactly the same as linux kernel.

I'm relatively new to OE so I have lots to learn to do complicated
things like dealing with openconf (derivative of KConfig) files and
architecture mappings and so on in a compact, generic way.

Also it'd be useful to know how to use the new MultiConfig stuff so that
I can build multiple guests and the hypervisor itself from the same tree.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Daniel