[oe] [meta-python] README: contradictory indications?

Andrea Galbusera gizero at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 14:59:20 UTC 2018

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 10:03 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 12:10 AM Andrea Galbusera <gizero at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I see that README in meta-python contains conflicting information
>> about layer's dependencies. The introductory paragraph states that
>> "modules in this layer need to be independent of openembedded-core and
>> meta-openembedded/meta-oe", then a few lines below both of these
>> layers are listed within meta-python's dependencies.
>>
>> To me, looks like the sentence in the introduction does not hold true
>> and can be removed. If you can help clarify what the correct
>> information is, I can send a patch to fix the documentation bits.
>

> Usually it shoudl be just core layer

That's not the case, at least out of the box. Without meta-oe in
bblayers bitbake complains with:

ERROR: Layer 'meta-python' depends on layer 'openembedded-layer', but
this layer is not enabled in your configuration

Then, would be ok to drop 'openembedded-layer' from
LAYERDEPENDS_meta-python in conf/layer.conf? Parsing-wise it seems of
no hurt...