[oe] Specifying incorrect license in recipe

Isaac Nickaein nickaein.i at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 11:44:14 UTC 2018

I was in middle of writing a recipe for a library which I wasn't sure
about its licensing. I wondered what if somebody get the licensing
incorrect and submit the recipe to open-embedded upstream.

Since Yocto doesn't enforce the presence of license text inside the
source code (which would be crippling as not all source codes contains
their license), a careless submitter can specify an incorrect license
inside the recipe and just set LIC_FILES_CHKSUM to a README file.

How such issues is prevented in openembedded (e.g. throughout review
of new recipes)?
Who is responsible in the cases that license is violated?