[oe] protobuf: question about ptest

Oleksandr Terentiev oterenti at cisco.com
Thu Aug 30 14:14:26 UTC 2018

Hi,

Recently I tried to launch ptests for protobuf packet and it looks like
tests themselves need interaction with a user.
Here is an output when I run /usr/lib/protobuf/ptest/run-ptest

> root at qemux86:~# /usr/lib64/protobuf/ptest/run-ptest
> Generating new test file using add_person_cpp...
> /tmp/test.data: File not found.  Creating a new file.
> Enter person ID number:

I looked at run-ptest script
http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/protobuf/protobuf/run-ptest
And it seems doesn't implement user interaction as protobuf tests require.
So what is the best way to automate those tests?

Thanks,
Alex Terentiev