[oe] [meta-oe] python-opencv cannot be built

Gabriel Pickl gabriel.pickl at posteo.net
Mon Jan 8 16:18:06 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a slight problem with the opencv recipe. Depending on python3-opencv works fine, but when i try adding

```
PACKAGECONFIG_append = “ python2”
```

and depend on the package python-opencv, the build fails with the messages in python2.log.

This seems like a conflict between python2 and python3 (the code in the recipes seems to suggest only one will be built at a time), so I manually removed the python3 feature with

```
PACKAGECONFIG_remove = “python3”
```

With this, the package build seems to succeed, but when building the rootfs, python-opencv does not seem to exist in the packages, as seen in python2-no-python3.log

I’m not sure what is happening here. Am i using the recipe wrong?

I am using the rocko branch of meta-oe and building for arm.

Thanks for taking your time reading this and possibly helping me find a solution :)

Regards,

Gabriel.