[oe] [meta-qt5] [rocko] qtbase fails at do_compile for i.MX7

Isaac Nickaein nickaein.i at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 16:31:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

I've been trying to build the qt5 using meta-qt5 layer for Colibri
i.MX7 modules.
I've cloned meta-oe and related layers on rocko branch and also
meta-qt5. The list of all layers are mentioned down below.

The compile error I am getting is apparently related to
mis-configuration of recipes that don't exactly know the i.MX7
hardware. For instance:

/opt/yocto/rocko-poky/poky/build-saba/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.9.3+gitAUTOINC+4d8ae444c2-r0/recipe-sysroot/usr/include/EGL/eglplatform.h:146:10:
fatal error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
 #include <X11/Xlib.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
Makefile:621: recipe for target '.obj/qeglstreamconvenience.o' failed

Apparently something is wrong with Qt 5 configuration which tries to
use X11 while I have removed it.

I've tried various settings in my setup but none of them help to
resolve the issue.
I think there is a problem either in meta-oe or meta-qt5 that
mis-configures the qt build.

Here is the conf/local.conf:

MACHINE = "colibri-imx6"
DISTRO = "poky"

PACKAGECONFIG_remove = " x11 wayland wifi 3g bluetooth irda nfc ipv6
largefile pam pci pcmcia ppp smbfs"

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = " x11 wayland wifi 3g bluetooth irda nfc ipv6
largefile pam pci pcmcia ppp smbfs"

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtbase = " gles2 eglfs linuxfb "

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " opengles2 egl"

Here is the bblayers.conf:

BBLAYERS ?= " \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta-poky \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta-openembedded/meta-python \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta-openembedded/meta-networking \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta-openembedded/meta-webserver \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta-freescale \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta-freescale-3rdparty \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta-freescale-distro \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta-toradex-bsp-common \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta-toradex-nxp \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta-swupdate \
  ${BSPDIR}/meta-qt5 \
"

qtbase configuration log:
https://pastebin.com/GLv04BAZ

qtbase compile log (with errors):
https://pastebin.com/JxnRx6nT

Here is the env variables (outptut of bitbake -e qtbase):
http://www.pastebin.xyz/p?q=eEIyNW8