[oe] [meta-openwrt] PV for git versions for 17.01.4 upstream release, git for master?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 04:53:58 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 6:06 PM, Daniel F. Dickinson
<cshored at thecshore.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wondering thoughts on using a package version with the git revisions of
> openwrt recipes that are in current stable (17.01.4) and using _git version
> for tracking upstream master?  Also in that case would it be necessary to
> use PREFERRED_VERSION for in e.g. openwrt.bbclass, or it a versioned recipe
> preferred to a git one, unless overridden?

Probably weakly define a global openwrt version e.g. OPENWRT_VERSION
in layer.conf
have two versions of recipes one for master and another one for
release. OPENWRT_VERSION
then can be overridden in local.conf if someone does not want to use
release version.
defining PREFERRED_VERSION for every recipe in layer.conf in meta-openwrt.