[oe] [meta-openwrt] PV for git versions for 17.01.4 upstream release, git for master?

Daniel F. Dickinson cshored at thecshore.com
Mon Jan 22 07:17:49 UTC 2018

On 22/01/18 12:36 AM, Daniel F. Dickinson wrote:
[snip]
>> Probably weakly define a global openwrt version e.g. OPENWRT_VERSION
>> in layer.conf
>> have two versions of recipes one for master and another one for
>> release. OPENWRT_VERSION
>> then can be overridden in local.conf if someone does not want to use
>> release version.
>> defining PREFERRED_VERSION for every recipe in layer.conf in
>> meta-openwrt.

[snip]
> Are there some examples of this kind of thing I could look at?  I'm not
> terribly familiar with OpenEmbedded yet (enough to do some work, but
> still lots to learn).

Actually I think I should be okay, I found
https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Versioning_Policy which cleared up
some of what you said (I didn't understand why two versions).  Also you
sentence was a bit mangled, but I guess you mean set PREFERRED_VERSION
to OPENWRT_VERSION for the openwrt packages, and when you override
OPENWRT_VERSION you automatically get e.g master for the full set of
openwrt packages by default.

Regards,

Daniel

--