[oe] [oe-core] kernel-devicetree.bbclass: DTBs with path components

Jonathan Haigh Jonathan.Haigh at arm.com
Thu Jul 5 11:04:23 UTC 2018

Hi,

The recent oe-core commit https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded-core/commit/2e7f3b2b9318d1e5395ad58131eafb873f614326 altered the normalize_dtb() function to always apply basename to the DTB (or DTS) passed in to convert a potentially full path to a DTB/DTS into a make target.

If I understand correctly, that's not the correct thing to do because the make targets can contain directory components - and some of the DTBs in meta-raspberrypi's KERNEL_DEVICETREE do contain directory components even though they're not full paths to the DTBs (e.g. overlays/at86rf233.dtbo from meta-raspberrypi:conf/machine/include/rpi-base.inc).

I think the normalize_dtb() function should just strip leading parts of DTB/DTSs to make them relative to the 'dts' directory. I have a patch to make this change that I will post shortly.

Regards,

Jonathan