[oe] (no subject)

Fri Jul 27 15:03:50 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 3:40 PM, Mark Asselstine
<mark.asselstine at windriver.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 8:28 AM, William Delacre
> <williamdelacre at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi ! :-)
>>
>> I’m facing issues when trying to run ‘bitbake python-twisted’ (do_compile
>> error)
>>
>> Log says :
>> “Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/incremental/: [Errno -3]
>> Temporary failure in name resolution

With the additional info you sent me along with a second look at the
error I can fairly confidently say I know what the issue is.

Python, like some other languages (ruby, go...) will attempt to
download dependencies/requirements if they are not present. This is
done "outside" of the bitbake system and thus will ignore
BB_NO_NETWORK and is generally a bad thing. It isn't quite host
contamination but it is very similar. What we do with our python
recipes in bitbake is review a python package's source setup.py,
requirements.txt...files in order to determine what other python
packages are needed, add them as RDEPENDS or similar in order to avoid
the python attempting to complete a download such as this.

In this case python-twisted 'requires' python-incremental but the
Rocko version of the python-twisted recipe lacks the needed assignment
to ensure this is available in the recipe sysroot and thus the
attempted download.

Cherry pick commit b08b570c8624303acbb6bb064a7bda466a679df4
[python-twisted: avoid downloading build dependencies] to Rocko and
you will be good to go. You should also follow up this thread with a
request to have this commit put onto Rocko to avoid others hitting the
same issue.

Mark