[oe] Splitting meta-oe?

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 22:11:43 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 1:44 PM, akuster808 <akuster808 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/01/2018 01:04 AM, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
>> On 03/01/2018 03:17 AM, akuster808 wrote:
>>> We had/have a situation with the Yocto 4.12 kernel that broke wireguard
>>> in meta-networking. Their are two patches that don't exist in K.O. which
>>> are causing the problem.
>>> Meta-openembedded can't fix that, do I blacklist wireguard? Wireguard
>>> builds fine with K.O 4.12.
>>
>> I'm not sure what is K.O.,
> Kernel.org. Upstream linux-4.12.y branch in this case.
>
>> but if the breakage can be resolved by changing things in oe-core,
>> then by all means do let us know.
>
> These two commits introduced an ABI change.
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-4.12/commit/include/linux/random.h?h=standard/base&id=6e4990d8d226e1861a5a2b632cf93bc70feab3af
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-4.12/commit/include/linux/random.h?h=standard/base&id=20543a488913755be70f54be52b32f727e8179d8
>
> This makes linux-kernel_4.12 different than linux 4.12.y.

To be clear, the work that PaulG is doing is the korg 4.12.y. He's
doing -stable off the end of where Greg EOL'd it, so it doesn't differ
.. it continues on from where the other left off.

Those commits are from the 4.x -stable queue from Greg's other
kernels, so they are consistent with the other stable trees and
mainline kernel.

But yah, if you have questions on the process, email Paul, cc' the
linux-yocto list and it can get sorted out. Paul documents everything
he does in a patch queue, a tree and in his pull requests, so the info
is all floating around.

Cheers,

Bruce

> - Armin