[oe] meta-python/rocko

Mirza Krak mirza.krak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:45:03 UTC 2018

Hi.

I came across some break-age in meta-python/rocko. More specifically
that there is no python3-asn1crypto recipe though several packages
depend on it.  I can trigger this by building python3-requests.

I was reading the archives of the mailing list that indicated that
there some some instability regarding meta-python recently but nothing
covering this.

I noticed the following commit [1], which mentions that it should be
merged together with another commit to actually add the
python3-asn1crypto. Which seems did not actually happen when the merge
was done.

python3-asn1crypto was actually added in this commit [1] on master and
I can not seen that it has been back-ported. Note the somewhat commit
cryptic commit message in [2] where it does not actually say that it
added a python3-asn1crypto package.

[1]. http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/meta-python?h=rocko&id=187f959fbd220678595c2aa1fe1e17b00a0b2d92

[2]. http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python/python3-asn1crypto_0.24.0.bb?id=80b6e6f151588765000cf17d2b86d0ded762def1

--