[oe] DEVELOPER QUERY

Derek Straka derek at asterius.io
Fri Mar 30 19:46:53 UTC 2018

A bit of feedback regarding requests like these:

    1) Please do not email general requests for help directly to
maintainers without including the mailing list.  When you email people
directly, the community cannot provide input or benefit from the
resolution.  Also, it usually ends up in the trash at least for me.
    2) The request did not provide any meaningful context on your setup
(meta layers, MACHINE, etc).  Without any context, the probability of
getting a meaningful response quickly is low
    3) The request didn't provide any of the debugging you've already tried
to fix the issue.
    4) Pictures don't really provide much if any value especially when they
are blurry.  A text based log is preferred

Using core-image-minimal with pip added to the image (openembedded-core and
meta-openembedded on master - MACHINE=qemux86-64), I am able to pip install
wheel just fine:

root at qemux86-64:~# pip install wheel
Collecting wheel
  Downloading wheel-0.30.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (49kB)
Installing collected packages: wheel
Successfully installed wheel-0.30.0

That said, how is your network configured?  My best guess based on the
sparse information provided is that you don't have a valid DNS server setup.

-Derek