[oe] meson.bbclass broken on rocko

robert_joslyn at selinc.com robert_joslyn at selinc.com
Fri May 11 23:52:55 UTC 2018

Martin Kelly <mkelly at xevo.com> wrote on 05/09/2018 04:44:05 PM:

> From: Martin Kelly <mkelly at xevo.com>
> To: robert_joslyn at selinc.com, openembedded-devel at lists.openembedded.org,

> Date: 05/09/2018 04:44 PM
> Subject: Re: [oe] meson.bbclass broken on rocko
>
> On 05/09/2018 02:04 PM, robert_joslyn at selinc.com wrote:
> > I have a build based on poky that makes use of meson.bbclass from
meta-oe
> > that is now broken after a recent update to OE-core. When using the
latest
> > rocko branches from poky and meta-oe, my meson builds end up with the
> > wrong paths to ld and libc. For example, running ldd on one of my
> > binaries:
> >
> > linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007fff4f9ee000)
> > libc.so.6 =>
> > /home/robert/yocto/kiosk/poky/build/tmp/sysroots-uninative/x86_64-
> linux/lib/libc.so.6
> > (0x00007f1136f8c000)
> > /home/robert/yocto/kiosk/poky/build/tmp/sysroots-uninative/x86_64-
> linux/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
> > (0x00007f1137560000)
> >
> > Those paths going into my home directory are obviously not correct. I
> > bisected the issue, and commit
cead3c4925d39f8adc328007d8a8c1b23cc72842 in
> > openembedded-core is when the problem starts:
> > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?

u=http-3A__cgit.openembedded.org_openembedded-2Dcore_commit_-3Fh-3Drocko-26id-3Dcead3c4925d39f8adc328007d8a8c1b23cc72842&d=DwIBAg&c=zVFQZQ67ypsA9mYKSCqWmQHiVkCCaN-

Gb60_N6TVnLk&r=FXexzueMZc3SeYPHXBmsGdHLENOHmHsvnD0cO1_Z0j2tHI6VqrQPNkHBCZO8dAdc&m=JSVZRc5Fq4IsIwtkdFHpTXsgF8aCQ0vP6j_F7dT5tYc&s=OutJG7fOSrT6ANwnnyxx12eHu6yepO-
> b2NWHJeP93x0&e=
> >
> > When using the tip of rocko, I can make the issue go away by removing
this
> > export from meson.bbclass:
> >
> > export LDFLAGS = "${BUILD_LDFLAGS}"
> >
> > I'm not really familiar with how this works, but it looks like the
change
> > to BUILD_LDFLAGS in uninative.bbclass is forcing the binaries to use
the
> > uninative ld, which isn't desired here. I assume meson.bbclass should
not
> > be setting LDFLAGS using ${BUILD_LDFLAGS}.
> >
> > I can send a patch removing this export, but it feels like all the
exports
> > in meson.bbclass are incorrect. The class has been reworked and moved
> > OE-core for sumo, so I can send a patch backporting the entire class
if
> > that is preferred.
> >

> Does the issue go away with the oe-core version of meson? If so, I would

> be in favor of backporting the entire class. From my memory of the
> changes between meta-oe and oe-core, some of them are significant and it

> wouldn't surprise me if important bugs were fixed.

Yes, the OE-core version of meson.bbclass works fine when I copy it to my
rocko builds. I'll send a patch to backport the entire class.

Thanks,
Robert