[oe] [OE-core] meta-openembedded maintainer ship change.

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Tue May 22 15:52:41 UTC 2018

On 05/22/2018 06:40 PM, akuster808 wrote:
> After much thought, I have decided to step away from being the
> meta-openembedded maintainer, patch wrangler and builder.  Khem Raj has
> kindly stepped up to continue these activities. Maintaining this was
> consuming too much of my free time and I need to focus on other things
> in the community.

Thanks Armin, I can only express my support and appreciation.

Being a maintainer comes with an unhealthy dynamic, and generally cannot
be sustained indefinitely. It takes massive. yet invisible effort to
make things 'just work'. Then that effort is taken for granted by
everyone. However, when you mess up, or even simply overlook something,
complaints come in thick and fast.

Alex