[oe] Avoid version going backwards for beta versions

André Draszik git at andred.net
Thu May 31 10:28:50 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 01:32 +0200, Andreas Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There was a pre-release for fluidsynth-2.0.0.beta and I expect the
> release will be fluidsynth-2.0.0. How would I name the beta recipe to
> avoid version going backwards with 2.0.0?
>
> I know there was a thread where Martin gave hints how to achieve but I
> can't find it - sigh.
>
> Please help a forgetful old man :)

What I tend to do is something like:

fluidsynth-1.99+2.0.0.beta

In debian based distros, the tilde will always cause sorting to be lower
than the version specified before the tilde, so e.g.

fluidsynth-2.0.0~beta.1

works as expected, and I *think* this latter approach works in OE, too.

Cheers,
Andre'